Choosing to remember Toronto Wildlife Centre in your will is a wonderful way to let your care and compassion for wildlife continue for years to come. Speak to your lawyer about how to help Toronto Wildlife Centre with your legacy gift. Here is some information that might be helpful:
- Our legal name is Toronto Wildlife Centre
- Our charitable registration number is 14114 6290 RR0001
- Our address is 60 Carl Hall Rd, Unit 4, Toronto, ON M3K 2C1
If you have chosen to include Toronto Wildlife Centre, please let us know. We would love the opportunity to thank you, and we want to ensure that you know what a strong impact your gift will have on wild animals and the community. Contact Shannon at 416-631-0662 x3225, or by email.
Donating life insurance is a surprisingly affordable way to make a significant contribution to the care of sick, injured and orphaned wild animals today. There are three different ways to give, each with associated benefits:
- Transfer ownership of an existing policy—you will receive a tax receipt for the face market value and any premiums paid after the date of the transfer of ownership
- Purchase a new policy and designate Toronto Wildlife Centre as owner, and receive tax receipts for any premiums paid after the date of transfer
- Assign Toronto Wildlife Centre as the beneficiary of your own policy—your estate will receive a tax receipt equal to the direct benefit to Toronto Wildlife Centre.
Contact Shannon at 416-631-0662 x3225 or by email to learn more.
Stocks and Securities
There are significant tax advantages to donating your stocks or shares directly to Toronto Wildlife Centre. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds or futures that you donate to Toronto Wildlife Centre will eliminate your capital gains taxes.
How it works: When you sell securities, tax must be paid on 50% of capital gains—the amount that your stock has increased since its purchase. Upon transfer to Toronto Wildlife Centre, you will receive a tax receipt for the full market value of your donation, as well as exemption from taxation of your capital gains.
Have your broker or bank contact Shannon at 416-631-0662 x3225 or by email.
Matching gifts and employee funds
Many companies will match donations their employees make to registered charities. Some will even match donations made by retirees or spouses of employees! Contact your human resources department to find out if your company has a matching gifts program or check our list.
Corporate and foundation giving
Demonstrate your company or foundation’s support for wildlife and the environment! In recognition of your partnership, your organization will get:
- Public recognition opportunities, including promotion in newsletters, social media channels, website, donor wall, literature, at events, in the media, or other custom-tailored opportunities appropriate for your support
- A charitable tax receipt for your philanthropic gift
- A variety of opportunities for your employees or foundation members to enjoy your organization’s support of Toronto Wildlife Centre, like Lunch & Learns at your workplace, private tours of Toronto Wildlife Centre’s facility, and group volunteer days.
Contact Nathalie Karvonen at 416-631-0662 x3201 or by email to learn more.
Donate Your Car
Toronto Wildlife Centre works with two reputable, environmentally-conscious auto recycling programs to provide you with the opportunity to donate your old car, RV, boat or motorcycle to help wildlife.