Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Check out the current job opportunities below, or learn how you can become a volunteer.
We do appreciate your interest in Toronto Wildlife Centre. Unfortunately, due to the anticipation of a high number of applications only candidates who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please, no inquiries. Thank you for your understanding.
Fundraising Development Manager
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Downsview Park, including some off-site as needed
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
This role requires an experienced, talented and passionate individual to work with our small team of dedicated development staff during this exciting time of change and opportunity.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Capital Campaign Manager, the Development Manager will be an integral part of the fundraising team. With 5+ direct reports, oversight of a variety of development channels, and working with all of the Centre’s departments on development-related issues, this is a fast-paced and challenging role.
If you are a hard worker, a skilled and experienced fundraising professional, a strong leader, and committed to Toronto Wildlife Centre’s cause, this is the position for you!
- Oversight and participation in all TWC development channels, including direct mail and other individual donor fundraising, major gifts, corporate fundraising events, and online fundraising
- Inspired leadership of the development team, managing 5+ staff as well as development volunteers
- Collaboration with the Administrative Manager and her team as it relates to fundraising
- Collaboration with all program areas to create a culture of philanthropy within the Centre
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and development team to plan and implement fundraising strategies and targets
- Collaboration with communications staff to ensure that communications are consistent across all channels and that development opportunities are maximized
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and Capital Campaign Manager to ensure synergy and to maximize opportunities between annual and capital fundraising initiatives
- Identify, research and/or develop new opportunities as they present themselves
- Create, implement and oversee a formal recognition and retention plan for supporters
- Track and evaluate success of development initiatives and staff on an ongoing and annual basis
- College degree in fundraising or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience in fundraising with a non-profit organization using a variety of channels
- Proven track record of developing fundraising and communication plans with the aim to build long-term partnerships and relationships with donors and the community
- Understanding of outreach methodologies and the ability to build relationships
- Previous people management experience
- CFRE designation or working towards CFRE designation considered an asset
- Highly organized and hardworking, strong leadership skills
- Ability to work on many and varied projects without compromising quality or efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with Blackbaud products an asset
Candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com; include Fundraising Development Manager in the subject line and address to Nathalie Karvonen. We sincerely thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Toronto Wildlife Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Please, no inquiries.
Capital Campaign Assistant (Revised)
Status: Full Time Contract
Location(s): Downsview Park
Reports to: Capital Campaign Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: TBD, commensurate with experience
The Capital Campaign Assistant will work closely with the Capital Campaign Manager and the Executive Director to help keep the capital campaign on schedule and to progress with a high level of visibility and momentum that engenders a sense of excitement and confidence in achieving the campaign goal.
Using exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written/oral communication and computer skills, you will support the Capital Campaign Manager and be responsible for daily administration of all aspects of a capital campaign: prospect research, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, writing, tracking information and organizing campaign events.
- Schedule meetings with prospective campaign donors and prepare information and proposal materials.
- Follow up major donor meetings to ensure the donor is thanked appropriately and receives the materials or follow-up actions outlined at the meeting.
- Support campaign and fundraising events as necessary; including planning, list management, mailings, day-of-event activities, follow-up.
- Participate in some evenings/weekend and/or off-site meetings and events.
- Ensure campaign-related progress reports, naming and recognition opportunities and prospect and donor lists are kept up to date.
- Ensure that prospect and donor records in the eTapestry database are populated with all activity pertaining to the prospect and donor
- Conduct research to identify/qualify prospective donors.
- Collaborate with volunteers and other TWC staff to assist with administrative and fundraising tasks as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years’ fundraising experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be personable and have a good phone manner
- Proven ability to multi-task in a busy environment, to work well under pressure, and to prioritize tasks appropriately while meeting time-sensitive demands
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability and comfort with taking initiative and ownership of work
- Proficient in creative problem-solving
- Experience working with eTapestry or other fundraising software
- Experience in a customer service-focused setting
- Experience and/or knowledge of major gift and capital campaign fundraising
- Work or volunteer experience in a like organization
- Membership in AFP or similar organization
- Genuine concern for and understanding of environmental and wildlife issues
To apply: Please e-mail cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org; include “Capital Campaign Assistant” in the subject line, and address to Jayne Kozovski. We sincerely thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Toronto Wildlife Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Please, no inquiries.
Location(s): Toronto Wildlife Centre – Downsview Park, 60 Carl Hall Rd, Unit 4
Reports to: Executive Director
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: TBD, commensurate with experience
In this unique and exciting role, you will combine your creative communication and social media skills with your passion for promoting peaceful co-existence for people and wildlife. You will join a fantastic team of staff and volunteers committed to educating the public on wildlife issues and providing medical and rehabilitative care to sick, injured and orphaned wildlife, with the goal of releasing healthy animals back into the wild.
As a key member of the team, the Communications Assistant will assist with strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages to consistently articulate Toronto Wildlife Centre’s mission. Your goal is to advance our position and profile with relevant constituents, as well as drive broader awareness and donor support. Scope includes assisting with content creation for our varied and integrated communications channels and ensuring adherence to our style and branding guidelines.
- Assist with developing and implementing an integrated strategic communications plan to our brand identity; broaden awareness of programs and mission, and increase the visibility of our programs across key stakeholder audiences
- Assist with developing messaging for annual fundraising
- Identify fundraising challenges and emerging issues. Collaborate with staff to recognize communications opportunities and solutions, and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Compile marketing and user statistics to inform ongoing strategy
- Assist with the development of print and web communications including social media postings, website and blog content, newsletters, brochures and donor correspondence, while maintaining brand standards and enforcing style guidelines
- Assist with posting “to-the-moment” content on our website and social media channels and monitor our presence on social media channels
- Assist with updating our website and review and approve content from other members of staff
- Assist with managing volunteer photographers, videographers and graphic designers
- Work collaboratively with communications staff and volunteers
- Assist with other communication and fundraising tasks as needed
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in both design and writing
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Ability to work quickly and under tight timelines to communicate “to-the-moment” news and funding needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Advanced computer skills — i.e.; MS Word, Excel, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Savvy with current popular social media channels
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Passion for Toronto Wildlife Centre’s mission
- Education background in communications
- Graphic design abilities
- Experience in a communications role
- Education and/or experience in fundraising
- Basic photography skills an asset
- Basic understanding of SEO and web analytics
To apply: Please e-mail cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with subject line “Communications Assistant.” Due to high number of expected applicants, only those individuals who qualify for an interview will be contacted. No inquiries please.