Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Check out the current job opportunities below, or learn how you can become a volunteer.
We do appreciate your interest in Toronto Wildlife Centre. Unfortunately, due to the anticipation of a high number of applications only candidates who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please, no inquiries. Thank you for your understanding.
Position Title: General Support Staff
Status: Part-time, with the possibility of becoming full-time
Location: Downsview Park
Reports to: Operations Manager
Compensation: $11.60 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
In accordance with organizational policies, main duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintains a positive, professional, and safe working environment at all times
- Responsible for cleaning TWC’s Downsview Park facility e.g. sweeping and mopping floors, removing garbage and recycling, cleaning washrooms, vacuuming, dusting, and other cleaning duties as necessary
- Responsible for supportive cleaning for wildlife rehabilitation team e.g. cleaning empty cages, doing dishes, doing laundry, and all other related tasks
- Inventories and orders cleaning supplies
- Maintains grounds and outdoor rehabilitation area e.g. removing litter, clearing snow from walkways, etc.
- Responsible for, and as necessary makes arrangements for, the upkeep and maintenance of all related equipment and tools e.g. washers and dryers, hoses, disinfectant dispensers, sinks and other related equipment
- Provides assistance with cage repair and maintenance
- Assists with minor renovation work as needed e.g. painting and minor repairs
- Assists Wildlife Care Supervisors in training seasonal staff, interns, co-op students and volunteers on tasks related to General Support Staff responsibilities
- Other related tasks as needed
- Must be prepared to work in all weather conditions (some work is outdoors)
- Must be available for some weekends
- Previous experience cleaning and maintaining a similar sized/type of facility preferred
- Experience with painting and minor carpentry/renovation work an asset
- Demonstrated interest in wildlife or the environment an asset
*PLEASE NOTE: This position includes some lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and other moderately strenuous activities and must have reasonable physical strength.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent ability to follow instructions and protocols and work without direct supervision
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitive to the special needs of wild animals in captivity
Please send resume and cover letter Attn: Shannon Brown with the subject line “General Support Staff” to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you for your application. Unfortuantely, due to anticipated the number of candidates only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.